Gosh I would love to jump on a plane and go anywhere…but that ain’t gonna happen anytime soon unless I win lotto… (fat chance)…lol.
I have been awarded this wonderful Versatile Blogger Award by a lovely new blogger friend “clickerbug“. Yep that’s her name alright and such a cute name to, her blog “As Seen Through a Different Glass”, I know I am going to enjoy, and keeping intouch with her. You should read the latest post, “How I spent the last Hour – I swear I’m going insane” … hilarous. Thankyou so much clickerbug, its so lovely to have you here. (Which reminds me I must put your name on my blogroll)
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it.
Okay: Now 7 things about myself….mmm
1. I love to travel reguarly, having just come back from Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. (I don’t need much of an excuse to take flight)
2. I am on the whole a very patient person, many people tell me I am. Hence one part of my blog name.
3. I am also a dreamer, oh yes, very much so…. hence the other part of my blog name.
4. When I first visited Austria I fell in love with the people and culture and when I came back home, joined the Austrian folk dancing, which my husband and I still do.
5. Did an eight week writers course on Children’s Picture Books which is held online via emails by Emma Walton Hamilton, last year and thoroughly enjoyed it, learnt so much.
6. Belong to the Children’s Book Hub Forum again run by Emma Walton Hamilton.
7. Work full time, therefore writing is squeezed in whereever and whenever I can, trying to alot at least a couple of hours a day (although with all the new bloggers to interact with I may be up all night to)…lol. But I do enjoy the contact very much as it dosen’t make me feel so alone and isolated down here. (I am such a visual person, and a “hi” on the screen is all it takes).
Now the 15 new bloggers that I have come into contact lately…. wow!… so many to choose from…..
1. Francine at “Romancing the Blog” http://tgunwriter.blogspot.com/
2. Coleen at http://coleenpatrick.com/
3. Julie from http://juliemusil.blogspot.com/
4.Jennifer at http://jennifer-burke.blogspot.com/
5. Sharon at Random Thoughts http://skmayhew.blogspot.com/
6.Catherine Johnson at http://catherinemjohnson.wordpress.com/
7. Denyse at http://djkirkby.co.uk/
8. Racquel at http://nitewriter6.blogspot.com/
9.Susanna from http://susannahill.blogspot.com/
10. Susie at http://susiemedwell.blogspot.com/
11Deana at http://www.deanabarnhart.blogspot.com/
12. Sonia at http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/
13. Amanda at http://amandastwistedtruths.blogspot.com/
14. Rosalind at http://rosalindadam.blogspot.com/
15. Elaine at http://notexactlyblogging.blogspot.com/
Thanks! And just so you know, my name is Kelly. 🙂 I just don’t put it out there on my blog much. I’ve run across a few others who also do not, and it’s tough to acknowledge them, I realize. Maybe I’ll put it out there some day.
Congratulations, and I look forward to reading the link you’ve shared! (Hope you’re feeling better, too… )
Thankyou Kelly/clickerbug, thats alright, I love clickerbuy anyway, its cute. Your welcome and thanks for your kind comment.
am hoping to read more from this link.
Thankyou, I hope you enjoy Alice.
Congrats on the award.
It’s hard to squeeze in writing and social media time with a full time job.
Have a great weekend.
Thankyou, agreed, and you have a good weekend to Medeia.
Just dropping in to say thanks ever so for VB award! I’ll post it up on Monday as I have the “Romantic Friday Writers Challenge” all over the weekend. http://fridaynightwriters.blogspot.com All romance writers are invited to get involved.
Rugby fever must be peaking in NZ by now. I have the best of both worlds: liviing in Wales I naturally support Wales, and being English I give them a a shout here and there too. But I love rugby full stop, so any team will do including the All Blacks when it comes down to pure entertainment value;)
You could do with a Google friend button…
Hi there in Wales…LOL. I have some friends whose son and family live in Wales.(the ones with an Alblack flag hanging outside…LOL) Glad to hear you will even support the Alblacks, I take my hat off to you. Must get very interesting over there.. Its slowly working its way up to fever pitch, still a few games to go yet. We think it will be Alblacks against the South African Final…LOL. Your welcome re the Award.
Enjoy the games Francine.
Congratulations, Diane 🙂 You so do have a wonderfully patient and kind nature! and here’s a little online ‘Hi’ *waves* for today!
LOL, Thankyou Joanna, you made me laugh, I was thinking why is she waving… then realised….lol. So have my mind on the rugby…. LOL.
Okay so Francine is going for the Welsh, me I’m Alblacks naturally so who do you think will win? Take a guess…LOL
Hi and congrats to a fellow campaigner and dreamer! Thanks for the Versatile Blog award. 🙂 Happy writing, I will see you around the campaign!
Your welcome Coleen, nice to meet a fellow dreamer. I sure hope we do keep intouch. Thanks for dropping by.
Congratulations on your blogger award, and thanks so much for sharing it with me! By the way, I’m totally jealous of how much you’ve traveled.
Thankyou and you’re very welcome.
It is lovely to be able to travel. Meeting new people,places and culture. Thankyou Julie.
I forgot to mention, Julie, in my last trip, in Laos I learned that there are many children who have never seen a book, because they are so isolated in the jungle, and learned of a small publishing company trying to help. I was wondering what we could do. Here is my story https://thepatientdreamer.wordpress.com/2011/08/20/the-children-of-laos/:..
Thank you so much for the award. It’s great to learn more about fellow bloggers and I’m glad you enjoyed and got so much out of the Children’s Picture Book writing course. It’s my favourite genre to write for. I don’t know how you write and work full time. Masses of admiration. It can’t be easy. Thanks again.
Thankyou Rosalind and you are very welcome. No, it’s not easy, one needs encouragement everynow and then to go on. Hence meeting so many wonderful writing bloggers has been a great boost for me. Already I have received so much encouragement, I am so grateful.
I am wondering have you seen, or taken a course such as the one I mentioned? Have a look, it’s on my side bar. And thank you again for stopping by.
Thanks, Patient Dreamer!
You are welcome Jen, thanks for stopping by.
Thank you so much for giving this award to me! I did a post on this here: http://djkirkby.co.uk/2011/01/versatility/ I’m right there with you on number 7!
Your welcome DJ. Interesting that you mention Number 7, I was at a loal SCBWI meeting yesterday and they so praised those of us working and trying to fit in writing as well. It was nice to know there were others with the same thoughts and struggles. A lot of encouraging words, nice.
Looked at your link, very amusing, I have answerphone, that helps.
Congratulations on the award! I love to learn bits and pieces about fellow bloggers…I love to travel too. 🙂 Thanks for passing the award along to me. (I have admit I am terrible at posting them….)
Thankyou Sharon, your welcome.
Yes it is nice to meet and get to know fellow bloggers, especially if they have the same interests.
Thank you so much for passing this on to me, have a lovely day!
Your welcome, thankyou for dropping by, I hope you come again Catherine.
Some great new blogs to check out 🙂
Wagging Tales – Blog for Writers
Thankyou Charmaine, I love your blog and you have some very interesting facts. Much to learn.
Thank you so much for the award, Diane! I have responded on my blog with a present for you 🙂
Thankyou Susanna, and you are very welcome. I will endeavour to stop in at your blog later today.
I could do with some patience, so if you have any extra . . . could you share a bit? Thanks for stopping in at the Write Game. Love to find comments from new people. Hope to see you again.
Oh, and congratulations on the award.
LOL… if I have any left over I will certainly send some over. Sure I will definately pop into the Write Game again. Thankyou C.Lee.
I love finding out about people – how cool you still do the Austrian dancing… that sounds like so much fun:)
Yep we still do it. Only problem I have is putting on too much weight to fit the costumes. Definately need to lose some over the coming summer months. It is fun, very energetic. Nice to see you here.
Pingback: My Versatile Blogger Award Goes To… « aRVee