Well this is new to me, and usually when I post anything and I mean anything, I like to write it out first, think about it, procrastinate (if that’s what you want to call it) before posting, I always feel sure I am going to stuff it up anyway…. so here goes.
While viewing a couple of writer friends blogs, they were talking about a posting game “10 Random Facts” that Jessica has started getting the writers to mingle. As Beth and Joanna had already started and Clickabug was so helpful, I thought why not have a go, what can go wrong….. well lets see how I do shall we.. (forgive me if I post and delete before your eyes…lol)
1. I love travelling, and especially to unusual places, and meeting new people (surprisingly since I am known to be shy, well I was told not to say that but it has been known). Have visited and even returned more than once to some of the 35 different countries. Yep, I could spend 365 days traveling and never feel homesick.
2. Like Joanna I love using chopsticks and like clickerbug I believe it respectful when in the country, or restaurant of that country to use them, or at least try. Not only that, it’s fun.
3. I love shopping markets – in any country, especially Asian, where one can barter. The last trip in Cambodia and Vietnam last month, resulted in me sending home 10 pairs of beautiful shoes. I know, I must be mad, but hey! who wouldn’t when they are a bargain!
4. I loved horses when I was a kid. A horse mad teenager, who dreamt of owning her own beautiful chestnut or shiny black stallion like Black Beauty. Never happened of course.
5. Don’t like any creepy crawly things, honestly, if I had known what was in some of the places I have been to I probably wouldn’t go there. Cockroaches crawling past my face while sleeping in a train in Thailand, a goanna at my feet in a park in Australia, and a snake under a bag near my chair on a deck . Nah! Don’t like anything that crawls or slithers. As I have got older I don’t like heights much either – strange when I think of some of the situations I have got myself into.
6. I have a very creative streak – from making netted swans as a teenager (for orders), bake and ice celebration and wedding cakes, hair dressing for family and friends, drawing and sketching – only when the mood takes me – to window shop displays, art projects and crocheting (a couple of baby things on the go at the moment) I may suggest ideas of technical or arty nature, but I am not a Technico wizard. Some of you will have already figured that out by now.. *blushes*.
7. I think, what happens in our childhood molds us in later life, and while I have also been fearful. I have always had a strong guilt tendency…… like when my parents broke up, losing a good friend, being late, getting something wrong… be it a message, you name it. One thing I have had to learn is to realise one cannot be perfect. We all make mistakes, it’s the ability to move on, to be forgiving of oneself, even when others aren’t
8. I love music, gardening and quiet moments – I am a total dreamer (hence my blog name). I can relive my dreams over and over again, sometimes they are of places I have been to or can be of people I have known, it’s a wonderful feeling, and to have the ability to have power to steer the course of events is magic and fodder for stories…… mmm are you in one?
9. A Libra – yes my birthday is soon – I constantly weigh things up, procrastinate – yes sometimes, shopping for groceries is a breeze, but for clothes alone can be frustrating, you can imagine what kind of conversation is going on in my head. But love it when a second opinion is given or help offered. I am easily lead.
10. Oh gosh…umm I am loving meeting all these new people through this writers campaign. Feeling a little as though I am floundering and not sure of what I should be doing next, but love the fact I am given the chance to meet so many wonderful writers and hopefully make some life long friends.
There … did I do okay?