I am one lucky bunny lately, with winning prizes and now awards, and it’s only just the first week of March!
Earlier this year I received the prestigious “Kreativ Blog” award from that handsome young dude over on “This Kid Writes Reviews” . Erik might only be ten years old but he can certainly hold his own when it comes to reviewing books and interviewing published authors. He now has his own column in a local rag and also gives impressive interviews! Want to know more? Then pop over to his incredible blog. The rules are to tell ten interesting facts about yourself and pass the award on to six others.
Another award I received a couple of days ago was the Sunshine award from Darlene of a lovely blog called Darlene Foster’s Blog. A published author of two very interesting books Amanda in Arabia and Amanda in Spain, she is working on a third (see I do read blogs), and I have learned that Darlene is very much like me, a dreamer and loves to travel, she also has two cats named pumpkin and monkey (I daren’t ask how those names came about)..lol. The rules are tell ten facts about yourself and pass on to ten others.
Now!…. lol For each I am suppose to tell ten things about myself… mmm well that makes twenty things, but I am not going to bore you with that so I will only do ten things.
1. Favourite colour is pink
2. hated maths (only because I couldn’t do it)
3. Hated the dentist even more (still do)
4. Got lost twice going to my new shop where I now work…. Lol
5. On my 40thBirthday I walked around at work all day with a sign on my back that said as much, without knowing it. (I know who did that)
6. Hubby and I during a change of planes on our way home in Australia nearly boarded the wrong plane. No one noticed till we got to the steward at the doorway to direct us to our seats, that this plane was going to JAPAN!
7. watched people having a fish pedicure in the markets in Cambodia, too chicken to put my feet in for fear they would eat my feet alive. (I have such very dry skin, and these little fish eat dead skin)
8. Got terribly burnt on a cruise around the Greek Islands and learnt from the staff on board that yogurt is the best after sunburn treatment to use on your skin (have used it ever since and recommend it).
9. Some years ago when my second oldest brother got married and while away on honeymoon, with the help of my hubby I painted “just married” signs on the road in front of their house (it was a quiet street at in the dead of night), painted another on their driveway and then proceeded to hang a huge similar sign up in front of their house, strung from one tree to the next, except that they arrived home unexpectedly and gave us such a fright that I fell down the tree, breaking branches and scratching my legs as I went, landing with one foot in a bucket……. (you had to be there to see it)
10. I taught my little cavalier King Charles spaniel, to board surf, (have a pic around somewhere)
Now for the hard part, to pass these awards on to others, *oh soooo many to choose*…… I thought I would share just a few of the many websites I have enjoyed so here they are..
Donna at : On the Write Track check out her very inspiring blog for the body and soul of writing.
Penny at: A Penny and her Jots A fellow writer enjoying her writing, check out her interesting blog.
Amy at: A million Words Join Amy as she looks forward to her new book due out in the fall this year.
Barbara at: Grade ONEderful This is a sweet colourful blog, and she is a dab-hand at making games… check it out.
Abigail and her Mum Tray at: Tray and A Check out the new mother and daughter team who are sharing their thoughts and fun with us, along with participating in the 12x12in12.
Clar at: Clarbojahn’s Blog A fellow writer with a new book due out any day and enjoying taking part in the 4th Platform Challenge and 12x12in12…. Go Clar!!
Loni at: Loni Edwards Blog Check out Loni’s colourful blog, she’s a wonderful illustrator and has a gallery full of artistic pics.
Please take some time to check these lovely websites out and get to know the owners and you will see why I love them to.